I've lurked here off and on for a while now... always liked the Toro and its sister the Eldo
Just got word from a friend that he located a one-owner, 48K Toro in pretty good shape (relative note as the car is in Hawaii)
This is what I found on a quick once-over:
1) Right rear side marker is broken
2) Power seat doesnt work
3) Upholstery is pretty good but the drivers side is saggy...
4) Right front fender has a big dent (looks fixable)
5) Bumper rub strips are falling apart
6) AC inop (everything there but the belt, clutch turns and I can hear the relay click with the switch movement.)
7) Drivers door panel is missing the emblem
8 ) No noticable oil leaks, though the valve covers look to be weeping a little bit, and possibly the front of the intake may be leaking.
9) vacuum leak (lots of dry rotted hoses)
10) crease on the bottom of drivers door (easy fix)
11) crease on the bottom of drivers rear 1/4 (also easy fix)
12) radio inop
13) rear bumper badly pitted, pushed in drivers rear corner
The only rust I found was passenger door, and only on the inside rear corner....
lots of promise... have no idea where to get the stuff this car will need though... The last Toro I saw here was 20 years ago upside down in a pineapple field. (That was a '66)
Introduce yourself and your car(s) here!
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hi Rob, I’m reading the old thread from 2011. I have the car now. I think I’m the 4th owner now. It’s still in Hawaii.
- 46653468-A816-4551-8A9B-4DC4D8183083.jpeg (1.77 MiB) Viewed 89 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest