Looking for recommend air purifier

General discussion forum. Moderated. Keep it clean and nice folks.
Charles98
TOA Membership Number: 0

Looking for recommend air purifier

Postby Charles98 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:03 pm

I'm not talking about those cheap Holmes units that you would buy at Target that don't do an effective job and eat you up in replacement filter costs. I'm talking about something decent from Alen, IQAir, Blueair, Sharp, Winix, etc.

I have bad allergies every spring, and I'm tired of everything in my computer room having a layer of dust on it a week after I vacuum. I do vacuum every now and then, but it's such a PITA to keep up with and do thoroughly because of how much equipment I have packed into a smaller room. We do not smoke, which is good because that's extremely hard on filters (not to mention your health!). We do have a heat pump which I feel probably contributes to the dust level, but the control panel indicates when the filter needs to be cleaned/replaced and we have not neglected that. Yet, the dust still continues to build up. Oh, and my room is hardwood, not carpet.

I've been reading reviews and my requirements are as follows:
- Inexpensive filters or filter replacement intervals
- True HEPA
- Good CADR and ACH ratings
- Somewhat quiet (supposedly the Honeywell 50250 is inexpensive and effective, but LOUD)
- Not something mammoth in size (see many of the IQAir and Blueair models)

The one I've come up with so far is the IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier.

Does anyone have any experience with these units? Just looking for general recommendations before I pull the trigger. Thanks AT!

Return to “General Talk”