Hello from Germany!

General discussion forum. Moderated. Keep it clean and nice folks.
Jelonek
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1

Re: Hello from Germany!

Postby Jelonek » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:32 am

I want to move to Georgia :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jelonek

Postby Jelonek » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:03 am

yesterday water pump get a lecage, one screw is broken... on the picture on "6 Hour" you can see that...
after 1 hour everything on my table, very funny technical solutions, and easy, i hope to get it back into the toronado :lol:
any idea for the brocken screw? :evil:

the another elemts of cooling system seems to be not new :mrgreen: but this is not bad :lol:
Attachments
j.jpg
thermostat
j.jpg (495.69 KiB) Viewed 33524 times
c.jpg
brocken screw
c.jpg (529.72 KiB) Viewed 33524 times

Otto Skorzeny
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:07 am

Wow, that's a lot of sludge in the system.

When you finally get it put back together, don't fill it with anti-freeze/water at first. Flush the system as thoroughly as you can. Run the engine with the radiator drain cock open while you're adding water from a hose to the top of the radiator. After you get as much out as you can (when the water runs clear out of the drain cock, you may want to then flush the system with one of the chemical kits from an auto parts store like Prestone.

Then when that's finished, fill it with your water/anti-freeze mix.

As for the broken screw, is there enough to clamp a vise grip pliers to it? If so it should be easy to unscrew. If not, you'll have to drill it out with a drill or Dremel tool. If you can do it without damaging the threads, great. If not, you'll need to run a tap into the hole when you're done.

Jelonek

Postby Jelonek » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:58 pm

waiting for the new water pump..... :(

Jelonek

Postby Jelonek » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:22 pm

today i got and put in a new water pump...easy going.... some pictures from the job ..... now i wait 1-2 day and prepare the cooling system again and hope ..... :roll:
Attachments
P1040163.JPG
P1040163.JPG (152 KiB) Viewed 33520 times
P1040162.JPG
P1040162.JPG (153.5 KiB) Viewed 33520 times
P1040160.JPG
P1040160.JPG (161.5 KiB) Viewed 33520 times
P1040159.JPG
P1040159.JPG (158.5 KiB) Viewed 33520 times
P1040157.JPG
P1040157.JPG (152.5 KiB) Viewed 33520 times

Otto Skorzeny

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:29 pm

I replaced my pump a year or so ago and noticed the different design of the new pump.

At first I was a little worried but my Toro runs so much cooler now with the new pump I'm quite surprised and happy. It never overheated with the old one but the needle would generally stay pointed straight up in the middle of the gauge.

Now it barely gets off the first E in the word TEMPERATURE.

Otto Skorzeny

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:30 pm

Would you mind telling how much you paid for your car? I'm just curious what people are paying for them these days. I know you also had to spend a lot of money to ship it over the ocean.

Jelonek

Postby Jelonek » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:49 pm

Otto that is no problem... but i want to explain something about the shipping etc. ... and now i´m still on duty ... and we have something to do (hospital), so i contact you tommorow or I can call you .... 8-)

Wojtek

Jelonek

Postby Jelonek » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:29 pm

Hallo everybody! so now my story....

I want to have this car since ..... 1990 ;), last 2-3 years i took a look in internet, private.... but i cound´t find good one. Two or three I chacked per "carchex" .... bad conditions.. etc. not for me.. :(
than somebody from Germany send me a photo from a one Toronado during his driving through USA, in the garage ..only front. I got a very positive feeling and i told to me.... thats my car! that was. The feeling war so strong that i didn´t check this Torornado, no driving or visiting.... nothing. Everybody said "you buy a cat in sack" - in german :lol: , you are crazy...
the next problem was to find the owner, i didn´t have his adress, but with the photo i had a gps, so with google earth i got adress und it was a small bisnes in Califirnia. :geek:
My calling was a big surprise for him, we made the "nice price" from 11 down to 8,5 $ and change some informations about the car (now i know... not everything information).
It was friday and the next two days war everythink (bank, spedition, cargo...) in Germany closed.
so 15 min later back to the google earth for looking for one cargo firma, and i found a one two streets away!!! from Richard´s Toronado, so i call the cargo firma and asked everything.... it was a very funny couse it was the first business with cargo in usa for me. The price for shiping was 1047 $ and that was a very good, couse in Europe i have to pay about 2000 Euro! We did everything step by step per internet and after 20 min i had a contract with the cargo-firma , of course "full service".
At the same evening i made a quick payment ( I had to pay) (compl. price for the car and shiping) , it is not so easy from Europe... couse 100 bucks ist not a problem but .... a big problem, and the deal was perfect 8-)
My girlfriend was a very nervous, couse we had a lot of friends in the house and i was a very busy :twisted:

After that i went to the garden to our friends and I dind´t believe that all, it was not real... like a dream :?

the next day I got marry´my girlfriend and then I said to my wife :P that we get e new .... car (in 2 month), her reaction was incredible :lol:

3 days later i got a confirmation from the cargo firma, tha Toronado war picked up from Richi and payed, i got a lot of photos of the car.... first time :roll: :roll: :roll: and in december it war in Europe...

....so easy... :lol:

Otto Skorzeny

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:02 pm

Wow! That's some story!

$8,500 looks like a good price. Overall your car seems to be in pretty good condition for a 52 year old vehicle. $1000 for shipping is a good deal, too. I have a friend who paid $2000 to ship to Panama and $4000 to Australia.

Have you driven the car yet? You may have told us but I don't remember. How does your wife like the car?

(That was a smart to buy it before you got married. She can't complain about it)

Cat in a sack! That's funny. Here we say you bought a pig in a poke.

Return to “General Talk”