How to remove headlight door motor in a 91 Olds Toronado

Post your technical questions and information here.
george123
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 10 years -I have owned my oldsmobile Toronado.

How to remove headlight door motor in a 91 Olds Toronado

Postby george123 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:01 pm

I have an oldsmobile toronado (1991) and the headlight doors do not work. I have the parts to change the brushings and gear in the motor, but unsure how to get the motor out. The motor has two rods that run to the headlight doors. I ask the person that sold me the new parts, but he is unable to help me with the matter and asked me to :P contact the olds forum for answers. I would appreciate if someone out there can help me with this matter. I just hope that some has done this before. I rather not rip the whole front off the vehicle.

Thanks

George

Twilight Fenrir
TOA Membership Number: 839
Years Owned: 1982 Chevrolet El Camino
1986 Pontiac Fiero
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado

Re: How to remove headlight door motor in a 91 Olds Toronado

Postby Twilight Fenrir » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:00 am

What you do, is get a biiig hammer, and....

Naw, I got nothing. I gave my service manual to the guy who bought my toro. I remember looking at it once, but I mever did take mine off. It looked really toigh iirc. Hopefully someone more useful will chime in on that one. Good luck.
TOA #839

cinotti_ml
TOA Membership Number: 46

Postby cinotti_ml » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:47 pm

George,
I'm working on this one myself...but I don't get to spend very much solid time with it. I can tell you the service manual (GM) for my 1990 had a pretty good set of instructions on the surface of it, but I haven't gotten into the project yet. I've seen 90 and 91 manuals on ebay for cheap...if you have a breakthrough, please post... I'll do the same.
Mike

rmacdo1
TOA Membership Number: 843
Years Owned: 92' Base

Postby rmacdo1 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:40 am

I replaced the motor on my 92. I have a factory service manual and it didn't really help much. I really can't give you step by step. I just worked at it. Most of the front grill pieces have to be removed and as I remember it comes out from the bottom of the car. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck and bring lots of bandages.

Return to “Technical Talk”