1968 seat belts

Post your technical questions and information here.
kjacob
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1968

1968 seat belts

Postby kjacob » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:53 am

I have a '68 that only has the front seat belt retractors with the buckle, but the previous owner cut the belt harness that mounts to the floor. I have one part of the harness that has numbers on a tag "Robbins 1968 model #335" and a stamp "4F68" on it. It has the headliner belts paper-clipped to the roof, but I don't know how they exactly fit. Since I only have the two retractable belts with the male buckle, I don't know how they are supposed to work, which makes it hard to match up what I need for belts when I am searching online. I can't find anything based on those numbers, and the ones that do come up show the retractable belt going to a mount above the shoulder, which is not correct. Can someone take some photos of their seat belt setup in a '68 so I can piece this puzzle together? Also, if anyone has a source to pick up the belts, I would appreciate that too.

Otto Skorzeny
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Re: 1968 seat belts

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:48 pm

There are companies that sell seat belts and some that will attach your old buckles to new webbing.

Since you don't have all the parts, I'd suggest rounding up a complete set of 4 used ones and utilize the hardware with new strap webbing.

Contact John Dorcy. He has a lot of 66-70 parts cars and may be able to help you. His contact info is in the Parts Information section at the bottom of the main page of this forum.

Return to “Technical Talk”