VINYL ROOF INSTALL

Post your technical questions and information here.
rockyman
TOA Membership Number: 613
Years Owned: 1969 W34 TORONADO

VINYL ROOF INSTALL

Postby rockyman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:41 am

HI HAS ANYONE HAD THE PLEASURE OF INSTALLING A VINYL ROOF AS A NEW INSTALLATION? I GATHER THE ONLY MOULDING USED IS THE ONE FROM THE SIDE WINDOW TO THE REAR WINDOW MOULDING. HOW ARE THE MOULDING BASE CLIPS ATTACHED, AND ARE THEY AVAILABLE ANYWHERE? ARE THE REGULAR WINDOW MOULDINGS USED,FRONT AND BACK? IS THE VINYL FIT UNDER THE SIDE DRIP MOULDING, OR JUST TO ITS EDGE? IS THERE A GOOD SOURCE OF VINLY ROOF KITS AVAILABLE? NAME OF MANUFACTURER WOULD BE HELPFUL. TYPE OF ADHESIVE TO BE USED? ANY OTHER INFO CONCERNING THIS INSTALLATION WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
THANKS JOHN P #613 EMAIL@ JMP69TORO@GMAIL.COM

Slang3400
TOA Membership Number: 1221
Years Owned: 1967

Re: VINYL ROOF INSTALL

Postby Slang3400 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:00 pm

I’m in the process of searching for a replacement vinyl top for my 67. I’ve only found two places: SMS and USA Parts Supply. Both say they can match the original black levant material. I haven’t removed my original top yet so I don’t know about the C pillar molding clips. The top tucks under the side drip rail moldings (the moldings are installed over the top material). I’m probably going to have mine installed by a shop. Steve

Otto Skorzeny
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Re: VINYL ROOF INSTALL

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:36 pm

In all likelihood, USA Parts buys its fabric from SMS. That was the case with some Cadillac upholstery they sell.

Return to “Technical Talk”