How to Verify Numbers Matching Car?

Post your technical questions and information here.
WaWaZat
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1976

How to Verify Numbers Matching Car?

Postby WaWaZat » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:13 am

Hi guys, I posted this in the General Talk forum but perhaps not the right place to get attention; http://toronado.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1975

GrantRees
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1969 Toronado

Re: How to Verify Numbers Matching Car?

Postby GrantRees » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:31 am

As I recall you need to look in three places. I did this with my car, a '69. VIN # is on the plate on the top of the dashboard driver's side visible through the windshield. I'm wasting time at my desk at work so I can't remember if the full number is on the plate on the firewall, drivers side. Motor serial # is stamped on a tab on the driver's side front of the motor. It was covered by the bracket for the alternator as I recall. I had the heads off (and the motor out of the car) so I can't recall whether it was on the head or the block but I'm thinking the block. I had to wire brush and clean the area with a cue tip and solvent to get a read on the number. The trans number is on the driver's side of the trans housing just behind the motor running vertically, again, as I recall. I attach a picture of the trans no. It not a good pic and hard to see the no, and the picture is rotated b/c I'm too dense to use the iphone correctly i guess. that was hard to see as well but it's there. I think what you're looking for is all the number after the "m" matching up. I understand that there's a number stamped on the frame, pass. side about door area but I've not found that yet.

Cheers!

Grant
Attachments
transno.jpg
transno.jpg (42.01 KiB) Viewed 5335 times

Return to “Technical Talk”