Floor Pans

Post your technical questions and information here.
GrantRees
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1969 Toronado

Floor Pans

Postby GrantRees » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:30 pm

Greeting all:

I posted previously about by challenges with the comfortron - whether to try and trouble shoot and repair or replace with a more straight forward factory Heat / def. / Ac set up.

But now, further inspection reveals some disappointing holes in the floor. Under the driver's foot well and on the cross member behind the front seat. I've seen the references to Gary on this forum who apparently has a 10 panel floor pan replacement set. I've email him but the email have bounced back - mail box full. I have not tried to call. I've also seen post that suggest that he will not sell partial sets - you're in for the for eight hundred and some odd dollars for the whole shebang whether you need all that or not. I have not tried to call the gentleman yet but probably will.

all that having been said has anyone found replacement floor panels elsewhere? I've searched pretty hard on the internets and am not finding any. at this point i'm probably going to order some flat sheet metal patch panels from Eastwood and will see how good I am am at sheet metal forming. I'd rather not, but that appears to be the deal. esp. if I can't raise gary on the phone and shell out the money for the whole set.

So, anyone here need floor pans for different areas - split a set? Or has anyone found a supplier for these pans.

Thanks and Cheers All!

Grant

oltoronut
Years Owned: 1966 toronado

Re: Floor Pans

Postby oltoronut » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:11 pm

Just had my floor pan replaced..........Under drivers foot area and behind front seat. Bought two pieces of 18ga sheet metal.

Had my local body shop install them. Came out great. No more holes.... Cost $320

GrantRees
Years Owned: 1969 Toronado

Re: Floor Pans

Postby GrantRees » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:06 pm

Decided to do it my self. Don't know alot about doing this job but I've done the forming with a ball peen hammer which is not pretty but will be covered by carpet. did the channels with a bead roller. Screws are for place holding - I'll plug weld each screw hole and stitch the edges in to the pan - i'm worried about blowing though on that step, but hopefully patience and luck will carry the day. Any suggestions on forming the pans welcomed.

Cheers
Attachments
IMG_0644 (1).JPG
IMG_0644 (1).JPG (114.02 KiB) Viewed 6517 times
IMG_0636 (2).JPG
IMG_0636 (2).JPG (122.73 KiB) Viewed 6517 times
IMG_0642 (1).JPG
IMG_0642 (1).JPG (110.9 KiB) Viewed 6517 times

Return to “Technical Talk”