Toronado Drive Report video

Post your technical questions and information here.
tera155
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Toronado Drive Report video

Postby tera155 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:16 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1Kk4_gXZEQ

They say a picture is worth a thousand words -- then a video must be worth a lot more. I thought I would share some comments about the making of the video -- in hopes that others would do the same. Perhaps in addition to an owner gallery we can start a gallery of videos -- but really YouTube is already there for that. If you have the tech wherewithal to be viewing this website you can make a video -- no doubt. All you really need is a smartphone.

I shot this video using my iPhone 6s. The 6S has a stabyl cam feature which makes taking videos much less jittery than in the old days (2010).

I shot the video in four segments -- exterior, interior, drive report and engine bay.

Then I used iMovies to edit the video -- it was simple -- basically you play your video and can cut (edit) out segments you don't like.

Once edited you can easily link the video clips into single video -- again I used iMovies and it was simple. Then I uploaded it to YouTube. To do that all you need is a google id. My son recommended I upload the video at 1080p resolution for best quality. It takes about 5 minutes to upload -- also you should only upload the video via WIFI so as not to crush you data plan and cell phone bill.

Enjoy -- I enjoy the Toro community and believe a video library would be a good next step in terms of sharing more info about these classic cars. Cheers, Thad Dupper

Otto Skorzeny
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Re: Toronado Drive Report video

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:58 am

You're talking to a guy who's most modern vehicle is a 1956 Cadillac (yes, I consider it to be more modern than the Toro, front drive excepted. It has power everything and a/c. The Toro does not. It also has better brakes . I'm lucky I can even view video, let alone shoot one and upload it.

I still use a flip phone that doesn't have picture sending ability.

Return to “Technical Talk”