Dual Master for 66 Toro

Post your technical questions and information here.
tera155
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Dual Master for 66 Toro

Postby tera155 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:28 pm

My thinking is rather than go through all the effort of a disk conversion for my 66 Toro I would feel safer by just replacing the single reservoir master with a dual master -- and keep the drums all around.

My question is: Can I get a 67-69 dual master, add a proportioning value and be done with it?

Any advice or parts recommendations would be appreciated. Btw I had a failure of a single master cylinder on my 66 GT350 and it was one of the most vivid events in my life -- don't wish to repeat it. Thanks guys.

Thad

Otto Skorzeny
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Re: Dual Master for 66 Toro

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:07 am

Yes, that is a lot more sensible than a disc brake conversion. There is a thread on this forum discussing it if you can find it with the search function. I don't think the system uses a proportioning valve for 4 drums but I don't remember for sure. You will need to get the booster for the dual reservoir system.

I have a 66 with it's stock configuration. If I ever need to replace the mc, I will likely convert. In the meantime I am diligent at making sure the brake system is in perfect order before driving it.

Return to “Technical Talk”