Rear Deck Surface disassembly

Post your technical questions and information here.
xgecko
TOA Membership Number: 831
Years Owned: My first Toronado was a 1968 W-34 with the bucket seats and center console... (weeps gently) It was a New England rustbucket in 1982 after less than 14 years. So sad. But it is what infected me and before I knew it I had another '68, a '69, a '70 and eventually inherited a friend's '67 and another friends '73. After buying my brand new Grand Prix in 1988 I retired the last of my Toronados and pulled the 455 I had rebuilt along the way and put it into storage in a friend's barn where it is to this day.
In Mid September of 2010 I happened to see a repeat of the show where Jay Leno did his 66 Toronado and had an instant remission of the disease which resulted in my purchase of a 1969 in very good condition. I am now in the process of fully rehabilitating it and hope to have it on the road in the spring of 2011.

Rear Deck Surface disassembly

Postby xgecko » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:58 am

I need to pull out the rear deck surface trim so I can carefully cut holes for speakers. I have the rear seat out and notice that there are some fasteners visible from inside the trunk but it is not very clear just how this all comes apart.

From what I can tell a few of you have disassembled this so can anyone give me any tips about what to do and what not to do and specifically how to release the center section I need to gain access to?

Thanks!
I have my Fuel Injected Toronado. Life is good! 8-)

Return to “Technical Talk”