Unexpected move

List Toronados for sale here.
Checkov
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Unexpected move

Postby Checkov » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:42 pm

Well the unexpected curves of life sometimes throws one a loop. This loop is neither that good or bad but it involves me selling my house and moving. The catch is the buyer wants me out in under a week or they won't pay as much.

I have a 66 Toronado and a 67 parts car. The 66 has been in the local repair shop for 4 months (thats why i havent been posting for so long) for a simple spark problem that I wasn't smart enough to figure out. He hasn't done me any favors and still hasn't gotten around to working on it yet. It was running when I bought it and I have done a compression test (you can look up my posts to see pics and problems I've done).

I even had it out on a road up to about 45 and it ran well, that's before the weak spark problem developed.

I would like to get 2000 out if the two. I have I believe at least 3000 invested as well as probably a hundred hours of labor:

Tornado: 1966 oldsmobile 425 CI

1. New battery
2. New electronic ignition
Note I wired up two hot wires to it, they both showed 12 volts when using ignition
3. New ignition switch
Note I followed the same wiring as Before but suspect someone replaced the ignition switch, the wires may not be connected correctly
4. New factory rebuilt Holley carburetor
Note it had two small leaks, I fixed one, it still leaks a little on the choke side
5. New electric actuators to move headlights (proud of my work on this part)
6. New brakes, new shocks, body work done
7. I ran a compression check and the weakest cylinder is about 115 PSI
8. New spark plug wires (EFI compatible)
9. A slew of extra parts

PROBLEMS
A. The battery cable is getting hot , I suspect the ignition switch , wonder about the two wires going to the electronic ignition
B. it ran before but won't run now. Very weak spark has been the problem, I tried a new ignition switch and new electronic ignition and now am getting a battery cable heating .
C. Power steering foams, might need bleeding but can't really tell since it won't run ( the front radiator support was rusted out and I replaced it, I had to remove the power steering cooler and air must have got in the system)
D. Does it need the front wheel bearing lubed? I can't break the nut, I broke several tools trying.
E. it needs rubber boots for the CV joints up front (can't replace them because I can't get the wheel hubs off).
F. ?

Obviously time is a factor, if I can't make a sake I will haul the parts car to the junkyard in a few days.

It may or may not help but I'm a teacher of long standing. I can also furnish the mechanics number.
I have titles for both vehicles.

Thanks "checkov", Alex -- 812-686-8585 (before 10 central time)

Checkov
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Re: Unexpected move

Postby Checkov » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:29 am

67 Parts car is gone had 425 engine in it (not running) front disc brakes, most interior parts. Tow Guy is coming now

I think I'm going to get 100 dollars for it :cry:

Go get it at Tellville auto salvage southern indiana area if you want.

deaddds
TOA Membership Number: 8
Years Owned: 3 66s, 4 67s, 68, 2 70s, 81, 99

Re: Unexpected move

Postby deaddds » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:52 am

Where is the salvage yard? It doesn't come up on a google search. Thanks

Return to “For Sale: Toronados”