Full Exhaust set available from Waldrons

Anything that you can see under the hood, all underhood electrical, fuel, coolant and A/C.
xgecko
TOA Membership Number: 831
Years Owned: My first Toronado was a 1968 W-34 with the bucket seats and center console... (weeps gently) It was a New England rustbucket in 1982 after less than 14 years. So sad. But it is what infected me and before I knew it I had another '68, a '69, a '70 and eventually inherited a friend's '67 and another friends '73. After buying my brand new Grand Prix in 1988 I retired the last of my Toronados and pulled the 455 I had rebuilt along the way and put it into storage in a friend's barn where it is to this day.
In Mid September of 2010 I happened to see a repeat of the show where Jay Leno did his 66 Toronado and had an instant remission of the disease which resulted in my purchase of a 1969 in very good condition. I am now in the process of fully rehabilitating it and hope to have it on the road in the spring of 2011.

Full Exhaust set available from Waldrons

Postby xgecko » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:35 pm

I did find a muffler from Parks Auto in South Carolina which I ordered and then shortly thereafter I discovered Waldrons. They offer Stainless and Coated versions of complete exhaust systems including.... drumroll.... RESONATORS!!!!

You can find them at
http://waldronexhaust.com/shop/index.ph ... c23fbb76f2
I have my Fuel Injected Toronado. Life is good! 8-)

toro_mike
TOA Membership Number: 4
Years Owned: 1968 and 1969 W34

Re: Full Exhaust set available from Waldrons

Postby toro_mike » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:45 pm

Anybody who goes the Waldron route, please post here and let us know how things go (customer service, shipping, fit and look, etc). We'd love to know if this is a resource.

xgecko wrote:I did find a muffler from Parks Auto in South Carolina which I ordered and then shortly thereafter I discovered Waldrons. They offer Stainless and Coated versions of complete exhaust systems including.... drumroll.... RESONATORS!!!!

You can find them at
http://waldronexhaust.com/shop/index.ph ... c23fbb76f2
Mike
TOA #004, Webmaster
Forum Administrator
1968 Toronado
1969 W34 Toronado

Twilight Fenrir
TOA Membership Number: 839
Years Owned: 1982 Chevrolet El Camino
1986 Pontiac Fiero
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado

Postby Twilight Fenrir » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:13 pm

Hey, thats good to know. Ill be looking into getting a set of these when I get some extra cash. 16 gauge 409 for less than a grand doesnt sound bad to me.
TOA #839

toro_mike

Postby toro_mike » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:48 pm

Twilight Fenrir wrote:Hey, thats good to know. Ill be looking into getting a set of these when I get some extra cash. 16 gauge 409 for less than a grand doesnt sound bad to me.

Well, let us know!

Mike
Mike
TOA #004, Webmaster
Forum Administrator
1968 Toronado
1969 W34 Toronado

69W34

Postby 69W34 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:36 pm

Ya'll better look closely at this description its not even close for toro duals they use the same photo for the Buick rivi and full size.

http://waldronexhaust.com/cart/index.ph ... ts_id=4693

Why show an incorrect photo? or are their assuming it should be the same as the Rivi ...better confirm .... also if the resonator tip does not pass all the way through the chrome tip their wizzing up a rope. ... The 68-70 toro single system 'looks' Ok but it comes down to fit and finish!
Bill
TOA #1

xgecko
Years Owned: My first Toronado was a 1968 W-34 with the bucket seats and center console... (weeps gently) It was a New England rustbucket in 1982 after less than 14 years. So sad. But it is what infected me and before I knew it I had another '68, a '69, a '70 and eventually inherited a friend's '67 and another friends '73. After buying my brand new Grand Prix in 1988 I retired the last of my Toronados and pulled the 455 I had rebuilt along the way and put it into storage in a friend's barn where it is to this day.
In Mid September of 2010 I happened to see a repeat of the show where Jay Leno did his 66 Toronado and had an instant remission of the disease which resulted in my purchase of a 1969 in very good condition. I am now in the process of fully rehabilitating it and hope to have it on the road in the spring of 2011.

Postby xgecko » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:13 am

Hi,

I called them some time ago and asked them this very question - about the duals as I have no interest in the single outlet system. For whatever reason they do not use the actual photo from the Toro exhaust. However, the actual product is a Toro exhaust. They clearly understood the requirements and were quite aware the photo is, as you mention, from a Riv. I will mention to them that this probably cost them some sales due to people simply assuming as you did that they are not really doing a proper exhaust. You might keep in mind that they specialize in exhaust for old cars going back to something like 1920 or earlier, so I doubt they got it wrong.

I cannot yet attest to the actual product, but I should be able to within a few months as I progress in my build. From my perspective, no matter what they actually deliver, it sounds like the best option unless A.) they are indeed not even close or B.) someone can find a certified perfect system in aluminized steel or stainless at a comparable price.

My current option is to take the car down to the local muffler shop and have them bend up some new pipes to run from the engine manifolds back to the muffler I do have. I would then have straight pipes with no resonator of any kind and terminating in simple pipe or whatever tip I can find. The Waldron exhaust looks like a much better solution irrespective of how exact it may be.

It helps that I do not care about perfect stock replacement anyway. My Toro is to be a driver, not a show car, so the little details are pretty much unimportant to me as long as the car is solid, reliable, looks good, and performs fantastically.

I'll post my experience with this exhaust, the aluminum heads, Mondello aluminum manifold, and the slotted and cross-drilled brake rotors I picked up from Royalty Rotors through JCW.

xgecko

Postby xgecko » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:02 am

Update:

Just called them again to let them know that they need to make sure the photos match or they are likely to lose business. They said they will look into getting the photo updated and they pointed out that they have so many variations for so many cars it is hard to get shots of all systems. Thus, they work through as best they can. They did confirm, however, that the exhaust is correct for the Toro and just as they told me before.

I mentioned that they have the single exhaust setup correct photo-wise but the description is a bit off in that it says DUAL when in fact it should really say Single Outlet. The true dual outlet system not only shows the Riv exhaust - which I had asked them about a few months ago - it also has the Toronado misspelled. Hopefully they will correct the spelling soon and the photo at some point.

They did appreciate the feedback, and thanks to you, Bill, for giving me an opportunity to point out to them how a typical customer might respond. Nothing beats a real-world example to show them that their assumption is not realistic. In their defense it does have this disclaimer: "Photo depicts a similar system." That said, I think you represent a common experience for a substantial number of potential customers that would see such a discrepency and just move on. Not good for business at all, and the assumption that all customers will take the time to call is naive at best.

I will let you know how it turns out once I get my system.

xgecko

Postby xgecko » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:00 am

I just ordered a full exhaust from Waldrons and will let everyone know how I like it when I get it in about a month - three weeks lead time and the better part of a week for shipping.

toro_mike

Postby toro_mike » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:14 am

xgecko wrote:I just ordered a full exhaust from Waldrons and will let everyone know how I like it when I get it in about a month - three weeks lead time and the better part of a week for shipping.

Great news! Can't wait to hear about your impressions (and maybe photographs??)!
Mike
TOA #004, Webmaster
Forum Administrator
1968 Toronado
1969 W34 Toronado

xgecko

Postby xgecko » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:35 am

I told them to take photos and I will take photos. I should have the set early next week.

Return to “Power train”