Full Exhaust set available from Waldrons

Anything that you can see under the hood, all underhood electrical, fuel, coolant and A/C.
xgecko
TOA Membership Number: 831
Years Owned: My first Toronado was a 1968 W-34 with the bucket seats and center console... (weeps gently) It was a New England rustbucket in 1982 after less than 14 years. So sad. But it is what infected me and before I knew it I had another '68, a '69, a '70 and eventually inherited a friend's '67 and another friends '73. After buying my brand new Grand Prix in 1988 I retired the last of my Toronados and pulled the 455 I had rebuilt along the way and put it into storage in a friend's barn where it is to this day.
In Mid September of 2010 I happened to see a repeat of the show where Jay Leno did his 66 Toronado and had an instant remission of the disease which resulted in my purchase of a 1969 in very good condition. I am now in the process of fully rehabilitating it and hope to have it on the road in the spring of 2011.

Re: Full Exhaust set available from Waldrons

Postby xgecko » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:42 am

As I wrote up in the Tech Talk section I had some issues with the driver side pipe but Waldrons bend me a new pipe and sent it out to me on their nickel. I am very pleased with their service and highly recommend them as an excellent place to do business with.
I have my Fuel Injected Toronado. Life is good! 8-)

xgecko
Years Owned: My first Toronado was a 1968 W-34 with the bucket seats and center console... (weeps gently) It was a New England rustbucket in 1982 after less than 14 years. So sad. But it is what infected me and before I knew it I had another '68, a '69, a '70 and eventually inherited a friend's '67 and another friends '73. After buying my brand new Grand Prix in 1988 I retired the last of my Toronados and pulled the 455 I had rebuilt along the way and put it into storage in a friend's barn where it is to this day.
In Mid September of 2010 I happened to see a repeat of the show where Jay Leno did his 66 Toronado and had an instant remission of the disease which resulted in my purchase of a 1969 in very good condition. I am now in the process of fully rehabilitating it and hope to have it on the road in the spring of 2011.

Postby xgecko » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:44 am

The new pipe fit well. I am on the road again!

Waldrons is a solid outfit that will work with you to correct any issues should there be any. For our cars they should be correct now, so if you need an exhaust system you should be confident it will fit well if you order from them.

damalden
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: just purchased 68 toronado

Postby damalden » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:49 pm

do you have a video of the sound?

or just describe it. i have not found your write up on the install just yet.

thanks gecko

xgecko

Postby xgecko » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:31 am

I have been waiting until the EFI is on and the exhaust is finally fully sealed. While the quality of the exhaust is very good, the donuts resisted sealing as well as some of the joints. I now have it fully sealed and will have completed the EFI upgrade shortly; all I have left is mostly wiring.

I plan to do a walkaround and post it soon. Thanks for asking!

paxtonshelby1966
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado
1966 Mustang
2014 Mustang GT

Postby paxtonshelby1966 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:12 pm

Did you ever take a video of the car with the new exhaust? How much was your entire system - shipped? Thanks!

xgecko

Postby xgecko » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:14 am

No, I have not, but I should now that I got the bugs worked out. I was pulling oil from the PCV and I can tell you oil does not burn well and makes for a very icky exhaust sound full of pings and ticks. I installed a catch can for now while I figure out how to baffle the Offenhauser valve covers.

The system cost around $1000 if I recall correctly, but feel free to call them and ask. You might want to have it installed by a local shop as the bends may not be perfect as Waldron does not have access to a car for final tuning. A good shop will have no problem with it, but you might want to have Waldron make the "S" shape at the front into a separate piece so you can easily adjust to fit.

paxtonshelby1966
1966 Mustang
2014 Mustang GT

Postby paxtonshelby1966 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:12 pm

Thanks for the info. Still looking forward to that video! Curious if you think the system would be too loud without the resonators. Also - did you get 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 inch? I will give Waldrkns a call. Also heard good things about Classic Exhaust. I do have the rusty factory system that a shop could use as a template if they can mandrel bend a custom system. That being said - I'd love to find a Borla muffler that would fit - most I see are not for cross-over transverse setups.

xgecko

Postby xgecko » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:56 am

Yah, I do need to do a walkaround this year. It was not running well until this year as I have the Offy valve covers which lack any baffle so I was sucking oil through the PCV... I added a catch can and the difference is astonishing. Now it runs properly and much more smoothly so it sounds proper. It was tinging and snicking and making all sorts of nasty noises as the oil combustion is just not smooth at all... :roll:

I used the stock diameter for pipes. I really don't know offhand what that is.

Slang3400
TOA Membership Number: 1221
Years Owned: 1967

Postby Slang3400 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:36 am

Interesting thread. Did you ever shoot a video? I am in the market for a complete exhaust for my 67. Only companies that I am aware of are Waldrons and Classic. Thanks

Otto Skorzeny

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:05 pm

I think your best bet would be to find a good, local shop to build a new system using your existing pipes for patterns. There's a great shop here in Atlanta that does this for less money and higher quality than Waldron and Classic.

He also uses mandrel bends instead of crush bends.

Return to “Power train”