Full Exhaust set available from Waldrons

Anything that you can see under the hood, all underhood electrical, fuel, coolant and A/C.
xgecko
TOA Membership Number: 831
Years Owned: My first Toronado was a 1968 W-34 with the bucket seats and center console... (weeps gently) It was a New England rustbucket in 1982 after less than 14 years. So sad. But it is what infected me and before I knew it I had another '68, a '69, a '70 and eventually inherited a friend's '67 and another friends '73. After buying my brand new Grand Prix in 1988 I retired the last of my Toronados and pulled the 455 I had rebuilt along the way and put it into storage in a friend's barn where it is to this day.
In Mid September of 2010 I happened to see a repeat of the show where Jay Leno did his 66 Toronado and had an instant remission of the disease which resulted in my purchase of a 1969 in very good condition. I am now in the process of fully rehabilitating it and hope to have it on the road in the spring of 2011.

Re: Full Exhaust set available from Waldrons

Postby xgecko » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:36 pm

Waldron's used my exhaust order 8-) to update their picture to show the correct parts as you can see below. If you had any doubts about this being the correct set this should eliminate them

I have my Fuel Injected Toronado. Life is good! 8-)

bluecab
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: restoring a '66, have Moto Guzzi motorcycles, an Audi convertible and a bunch of other junk

Postby bluecab » Fri May 06, 2011 3:02 pm

Did you get the system yet?

xgecko
Years Owned: My first Toronado was a 1968 W-34 with the bucket seats and center console... (weeps gently) It was a New England rustbucket in 1982 after less than 14 years. So sad. But it is what infected me and before I knew it I had another '68, a '69, a '70 and eventually inherited a friend's '67 and another friends '73. After buying my brand new Grand Prix in 1988 I retired the last of my Toronados and pulled the 455 I had rebuilt along the way and put it into storage in a friend's barn where it is to this day.
In Mid September of 2010 I happened to see a repeat of the show where Jay Leno did his 66 Toronado and had an instant remission of the disease which resulted in my purchase of a 1969 in very good condition. I am now in the process of fully rehabilitating it and hope to have it on the road in the spring of 2011.

Postby xgecko » Fri May 06, 2011 5:12 pm

Sure did. Looks like what you see in the picture above - after all, that is my kit you are looking at. Nicely aluminized pipes and quality construction throughout.

I will be installing it later this month after I get the engine back together - currently have the short block assembled but got sidetracked when I found a 68 for sale that I had to get. Swapped trannies and am now back to the 69.

I'll let you all know what I think once I get it running. I can maybe make a YouTube video of the car with it running and post it to give an idea of what the 'Imposter' sounds like in the Toronado.

69W34

Postby 69W34 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:51 pm

Over all it doesn't look to bad and I am sure it will serve its intended purpose.

A note or two. First; the long runs L/R appear to missing their flat spots. This will become apparent when you tuck the pipes up into their position which should be above the bottom of the frame our of sight. It is very close quarters under there though you may get lucky. Second; though I am sure they will work just fine Olds did not use rolled seam resonators on the first gen Toros again its tight between the rear springs and fuel tank. Just some things to look for.
Bill
TOA #1

xgecko

Postby xgecko » Sat May 07, 2011 6:08 am

I will report on what my experience is when installing them and let you know if any of these issues are a problem. I will also let Waldron's know so they can update their process if need be.

Thanks!

xgecko

Postby xgecko » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:07 am

69W34 wrote:Over all it doesn't look to bad and I am sure it will serve its intended purpose.

A note or two. First; the long runs L/R appear to missing their flat spots. This will become apparent when you tuck the pipes up into their position which should be above the bottom of the frame our of sight. It is very close quarters under there though you may get lucky. Second; though I am sure they will work just fine Olds did not use rolled seam resonators on the first gen Toros again its tight between the rear springs and fuel tank. Just some things to look for.

I spoke to them about this. Any chance you have specs as to where these flat spots start and end such that we can get this info to Waldron's? They will be glad to add this to the build procedure. If someone can get an actual pipe to them they prefer that, but if you can simply indicate from some reference point where the flat spot is they can duplicate it.

I know about the difference in the resonators and really don't care. However, if you no where to get the original design it would be nice. I do not anticipate any major issue here and I am very close to installing the exhaust so I will let you know if it is an issue.

Twilight Fenrir
TOA Membership Number: 839
Years Owned: 1982 Chevrolet El Camino
1986 Pontiac Fiero
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado

Postby Twilight Fenrir » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:12 am

xgecko wrote:
69W34 wrote:
I know about the difference in the resonators and really don't care. However, if you no where to get the original design it would be nice. I do not anticipate any major issue here and I am very close to installing the exhaust so I will let you know if it is an issue.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=496

:P
TOA #839

xgecko

Postby xgecko » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:01 am

Egad. Brain fart. :shock: I saw that just the other day!

While not cheap, they sure look good. Lucky for me I am not a purist :ugeek: so I am happy with what I have, but in the future if I do not need a full exhaust and they are still available they might be interesting.

Twilight Fenrir
TOA Membership Number: 839
Years Owned: 1982 Chevrolet El Camino
1986 Pontiac Fiero
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado

Postby Twilight Fenrir » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:54 pm

xgecko wrote:Egad. Brain fart. :shock: I saw that just the other day!

Hehe, I kinda figured you had... with the one or two posts a week on this forum, it's really easy to read everything on here :P
TOA #839

xgecko

Postby xgecko » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Indeed. Active bunch, aren''t we? :o

Oh well. The joys of owning a car that is known by few and loved by fewer. However, they sure are cheap, relatively easy to get parts for, very satisfying, and everybody that sees them thinks they are really cool. I can deal with that. 8-)

Return to “Power train”