Full Exhaust set available from Waldrons

Anything that you can see under the hood, all underhood electrical, fuel, coolant and A/C.
xgecko
TOA Membership Number: 831
Years Owned: My first Toronado was a 1968 W-34 with the bucket seats and center console... (weeps gently) It was a New England rustbucket in 1982 after less than 14 years. So sad. But it is what infected me and before I knew it I had another '68, a '69, a '70 and eventually inherited a friend's '67 and another friends '73. After buying my brand new Grand Prix in 1988 I retired the last of my Toronados and pulled the 455 I had rebuilt along the way and put it into storage in a friend's barn where it is to this day.
In Mid September of 2010 I happened to see a repeat of the show where Jay Leno did his 66 Toronado and had an instant remission of the disease which resulted in my purchase of a 1969 in very good condition. I am now in the process of fully rehabilitating it and hope to have it on the road in the spring of 2011.

Re: Full Exhaust set available from Waldrons

Postby xgecko » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:42 pm

I have mixed feelings about what Otto said. On the one hand, these pipes are mandrel bent, on the other hand, he is correct in that a good shop will do a better job. Not sure of the cost factor, and I did the install myself yet had to have a shop rework the inlets due to issues along the lines of what Otto said.

I think I might have it done by a local shop next time around as long as the cost is not too much more, and it probably is not.

So I support Otto's position overall and suggest having a good local shop make custom pipes. I will say that you can get the performance muffler from Waldron's as it is better sounding that the stock version. It is a good unit and your local shop can install it along with the custom pipes.

I will take a video soon. Still working out issues from the lost rocker arm that exploded a couple of weeks ago...
I have my Fuel Injected Toronado. Life is good! 8-)

Otto Skorzeny
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:30 pm

Return of the Gecko!

Yes, everything hinges on a good, competent, local muffler guy who knows how to use his equipment without just punching a button and having a computer do all the work.

Fortunately here, the shop has a nice Mandrel bender and he has patterns on flash cards going back decades. He can custom form pipes using the old ratty ones if the pattern isn't in the files.

He did two '66 Cadillac systems for friends recently, one of whom got screwed by Classic. His total price ended up being about $200 less than Classic.

roland
TOA Membership Number: 860
Years Owned: 1967 Oldsmobile Toronado DeLuxe
1970 Ford LTD Country Squire 429

Postby roland » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:35 am

Got last week my new Waldron´s exhaust system. It needs six month from order to delivery. Two packages with all I want: complete system with 8x U-clamps 2 1/4" and 4x 2" (4 U-camps less I needed). All hangers were at their places under the car and in roundabout two hours (one man work) the exhaust system was pretty ready for run. Missed the two headers flange donuts.

My rating: 1A workmanship, perfect fitment and reasonable price.
Roland TOA#860

Return to “Power train”