Trans Tag Decal TH 425

All parts for sale may be listed here by forum members.
Doc Hubler
TOA Membership Number: 992
Years Owned: 1967

Re: Trans Tag Decal TH 425

Postby Doc Hubler » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi, for 67 specifically, OJ tag is for the turbo hydramatic on the Toronado. I'm not sure there is any other letters than OJ for 66 Toronado.

For 1968, again, there was OJ, and BIll described the colors above (which I was not aware of), but with the W-34 optioned cars (68-69 anyway), those were OM transmissions.

Such info is in the FSM at the front identification section. The various colors, I did not know about. I did know my 67 OJ tag is black and the 69 W34 Toronado that is being restored in the shop is yellow.

Other tags for other 1967 turbo hydramatic Oldsmobile models were OA, OB, OC, OD, OE, OF, OG, OH. 2 and 4 bbl V8 engines. Jetaway trannys didn't use this type of tag, but did use LC, ML, MK, and MT designations.

ydennekkram
TOA Membership Number: 1099
Years Owned: 1967 Toronado

Postby ydennekkram » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:46 am

Thanks for detailed reply Tim. I ended up going with the decal option from Paul, he sent me pictures and they look great. How is the car coming along?
Mark

TOA#1099

Doc Hubler
TOA Membership Number: 992
Years Owned: 1967

Postby Doc Hubler » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:28 am

As you know, it's all in the details. Engine/tranny back in. need to finish painting. Body work is done. I'm going through electrical and vacuum. Tedious, but necessary. Have to find more connectors. For example, the plastic connector to the ignition switch that hold the 6 wires was partially melted. I was able to find a part number and search and find/purchase that. Have to get a similar 2 cavity connector for the alternator connection (those are available). There's a 4 cavity connector for the Power Servo -- haven't found that. Have found a replacement transducer for the Comfortron. I'm trying to get the correct rubber types to replace all the taillamp/corner lamp, heater/cooling box gaskets. No one makes them, so you have to cut them using the originals as a pattern. After all these things are done, the vinyl top goes on, the windows go in. If I can get the one piece for the speed control dial switch on the instrument panel, it is done as well. I have NOS door edge guards and an NOS fuel filter sock for the fuel tank that needs to be installed after we seal the inner tank. I'lll have to get a new fuel sender, brake proportioning valve, and finish rebuilding the brake distribution block. I need to have the brake booster repaired (replace diaphram), and otherwise all brake components are done and ready for installation. All suspension has been repaired and installed. Final is upholstery of course. I'm not happy with my rear panel (the grid that covers taillamps). It's a huge diecast piece and the plating just doesn't cut it. I will see what I can do to polish it. These parts are very difficult to deal with. Even worse than 66 of course.

Return to “For Sale: Parts”