'66 / '67 Air Cleaners

All parts for sale may be listed here by forum members.
Graniteman
TOA Membership Number: 70
Years Owned: Owned a '69 back in about '77, this cat was a legend in the Nebraska panhandle, it was very fast even for it's size. It would absoloutly fog the front tires from a standing start; I don't mean spin them, I mean just boil 'em from a standing start for at least 100' (measured)! I know what you're thinking, they weren't old rag tires they were modern Yokohoma radials. I'm sure this car would have ran 150mph too because many times I had the cruise set on 135 with 1/2 the gas pedal left. BTW this was in the middle of nowhere Wyoming.
I'm finally about to start work on my '66 that I've owned for 10 years. I plan to make sure my '66 425 runs just as strong as my '69 455 did. I hope to be doing some write-ups for the Driver as I go through the '66. I'll be updating it with disc brakes, electric fans (gasp), good stereo system, battery in the trunk etc., etc. as time and money allows.
I also may be building some new wheels with the correct offset, etc.

'66 / '67 Air Cleaners

Postby Graniteman » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:40 am

A friend on another Olds site has two '66 or '67 air cleaners, both have the "Toronado) round insert.
Don't have the round chrome (about 3" dia.) center piece or chrome wing nuts.
Looks like one is a little nicer than the other, so first come gets first choice.

He wants $50 ea. + shipping.

Contact me and I'll get you hooked up with him if you're interested.
TOA # 70

vegastoro68
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: i own a 1968 Toronado

Re: '66 / '67 Air Cleaners

Postby vegastoro68 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:55 pm

Hello,
I am interested in taking them both if there still available. send me a email at vegas69cutlass@gmail.com.

Graniteman
TOA Membership Number: 70
Years Owned: Owned a '69 back in about '77, this cat was a legend in the Nebraska panhandle, it was very fast even for it's size. It would absoloutly fog the front tires from a standing start; I don't mean spin them, I mean just boil 'em from a standing start for at least 100' (measured)! I know what you're thinking, they weren't old rag tires they were modern Yokohoma radials. I'm sure this car would have ran 150mph too because many times I had the cruise set on 135 with 1/2 the gas pedal left. BTW this was in the middle of nowhere Wyoming.
I'm finally about to start work on my '66 that I've owned for 10 years. I plan to make sure my '66 425 runs just as strong as my '69 455 did. I hope to be doing some write-ups for the Driver as I go through the '66. I'll be updating it with disc brakes, electric fans (gasp), good stereo system, battery in the trunk etc., etc. as time and money allows.
I also may be building some new wheels with the correct offset, etc.

Re: '66 / '67 Air Cleaners

Postby Graniteman » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:03 pm

[size=150]These air cleaners are still for sale......is anyone interested?

LMK
[/size]
TOA # 70

Return to “For Sale: Parts”