Looking for opinions/interest on repro 66/67 dash appliques

All parts for sale may be listed here by forum members.
janeg
TOA Membership Number: 42
Years Owned: 1966 Deluxe and 1992 Trofeo

Looking for opinions/interest on repro 66/67 dash appliques

Postby janeg » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:21 pm

I'm posting this for Pat who is signing up for the forum. Please reply with your opinion.

I almost have the appliqués for 66/67 worked out but have a slight dilemma. The circles cut for some switches are flat and not a problem. The rectangles cut are beveled factory edges but would be flush cut laser if reproduced. My ? is, anyway to get a smattering of input from members in the next week as to would they buy “new” appliqués with correct color and lettering without the detail of the bevel, or would that be “incorrect” and not wanted? The plan is to make every available configuration for these appliqués in both 66 and 67 lettering. Size is the difference in letters for the years. Apparently a press mold would be required to make the tiny bevels at a cost of several thousand to be dead on accurate and I can’t see investing this amount but hate to get in to over a K already if Toro owners would snub them. Thanks for any input. Email me at dead@mchsi.com ASAP so I can get members feelings. Thanks Pat
txtname: Pat McMillan
Jane G
TOA #042
Membership Director

Return to “For Sale: Parts”