Need a couple of trim rings for my '66

Post your parts, literature, etc. requests here.
Graniteman
TOA Membership Number: 70
Years Owned: Owned a '69 back in about '77, this cat was a legend in the Nebraska panhandle, it was very fast even for it's size. It would absoloutly fog the front tires from a standing start; I don't mean spin them, I mean just boil 'em from a standing start for at least 100' (measured)! I know what you're thinking, they weren't old rag tires they were modern Yokohoma radials. I'm sure this car would have ran 150mph too because many times I had the cruise set on 135 with 1/2 the gas pedal left. BTW this was in the middle of nowhere Wyoming.
I'm finally about to start work on my '66 that I've owned for 10 years. I plan to make sure my '66 425 runs just as strong as my '69 455 did. I hope to be doing some write-ups for the Driver as I go through the '66. I'll be updating it with disc brakes, electric fans (gasp), good stereo system, battery in the trunk etc., etc. as time and money allows.
I also may be building some new wheels with the correct offset, etc.

Need a couple of trim rings for my '66

Postby Graniteman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:25 pm

I could really use a couple of trim rings for my '66. Don't need to be show quality, just decent. Oh yeah they also need to be cheap ;)
TIA

Mike TOA #70
TOA # 70

toro_mike
TOA Membership Number: 4
Years Owned: 1968 and 1969 W34

Re: Need a couple of trim rings for my '66

Postby toro_mike » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:16 pm

Hi Mike,

This is a tough one... cheap, nice trim rings are difficult to find. You might get lucky and find a set (maybe somebody on the forum will be able to help). The other option you have is to try those eBay fake ones... Currently Item number: 120463625805. I looked at the feedback and he apparently has sold 3 or 4 sets and the feedback was positive... $69.99 - it might be worth a shot. Just a suggestion! Let us know what you decide!

Mike
Mike
TOA #004, Webmaster
Forum Administrator
1968 Toronado
1969 W34 Toronado

Graniteman
TOA Membership Number: 70
Years Owned: Owned a '69 back in about '77, this cat was a legend in the Nebraska panhandle, it was very fast even for it's size. It would absoloutly fog the front tires from a standing start; I don't mean spin them, I mean just boil 'em from a standing start for at least 100' (measured)! I know what you're thinking, they weren't old rag tires they were modern Yokohoma radials. I'm sure this car would have ran 150mph too because many times I had the cruise set on 135 with 1/2 the gas pedal left. BTW this was in the middle of nowhere Wyoming.
I'm finally about to start work on my '66 that I've owned for 10 years. I plan to make sure my '66 425 runs just as strong as my '69 455 did. I hope to be doing some write-ups for the Driver as I go through the '66. I'll be updating it with disc brakes, electric fans (gasp), good stereo system, battery in the trunk etc., etc. as time and money allows.
I also may be building some new wheels with the correct offset, etc.

Re: Need a couple of trim rings for my '66

Postby Graniteman » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:56 pm

Thanks for the response Mike. I could acutally get by with one; I have one that has two of the four tabs that grip the wheel broken off but I think I can fix that. I just don't want to spend much on them since I'm not sure that I want to go that way, AND I'm just recovering from hip replacement and I've been out of commission for quite a while. I mean that literally since I make my living as a salesman :roll:
I've got a pair offered from a guy on ROP but still looking, maybe someone has got just one :?: :?: :?: Please contact me if you do!
Thanks and it's great that this site is up and running, a big thanks to those making it happen :!:
TOA # 70

Return to “Wanted: Parts and Misc”