66 floor mats front and rear

Post your parts, literature, etc. requests here.
DUKE99
TOA Membership Number: 1174

66 floor mats front and rear

Postby DUKE99 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:50 am

Looking for best place to purchase reproduction floor mats (front and rear) for 66 Toronado
TOA # 1174

Otto Skorzeny
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Re: 66 floor mats front and rear

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:49 pm

I wish I could tell you Rock Auto. Unfortunately the company that makes the mats for them, a high quality floor mat that I use in other vehicles I own, apparently has a faulty pattern for the '66 Toro.

Some of the cuts were accurate but in the wrong location. When the mat was shifted to allow thew pedals and high beam button to line up, the mat rode up 6 inches on the driver's kick panel and was 4 or 5 inches away from the passenger kick panel.

I took detailed measurements and photos and emailed them to the factory at the request of Rock Auto.

Who knows if they've corrected their pattern?

I spoke with someone else on this forum who also bought mats for a '66 Toro and had a similar ill fitting problem.

I would suggest contacting an auto upholster and have them m,ade from the fabric of your choice. You can buy any color carpeting in the original style and color and your interior guy should have no problem custom cutting it and installing a suitable backing with a nice edge treatment.

I know of no other company that makes floor mats besides the one sold by Rock Auto. Virtually every accessory catalog that sells mats for any kind of old car uses the same vendor.

If I can find the photos , I'll post them.

The company is Auto Custom Carpets. I ordered the 2 piece set not the 4 piece set. The 2 piece covers both sides of the car with a single mat. Maybe the 4 piece set could me finagled to fit better but I did not want to try a second time since they are probably using the same, incorrect measurement for both styles .

Return to “Wanted: Parts and Misc”