67 Toronado door panels

Post your parts, literature, etc. requests here.
Trailrunner
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: !967 Toronado

67 Toronado door panels

Postby Trailrunner » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:38 am

Looking for 67 Toronado front door panels. Car has power windows. I know they will need to be restored.

Thanks
Ross

Doc Hubler
TOA Membership Number: 992
Years Owned: 1967

Re: 67 Toronado door panels

Postby Doc Hubler » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:18 pm

Ross,

Realize you're still looking. I have a pair, as a matter of fact a complete pair of doors with power windows, but everything would need to be refurbished. Be sure to keep what ever you have right now, and between the two you can eventually get everything rebuilt. I had to rebuilt the wiring harnesses on both doors. Got it done ( I have electric windows and driver's seat). Rebuilt the Driver's seat motor/actuator. It takes time, but not horrible. The wiring part was a big job. I realized I would be wasting my time trying to patch together all the old broken wires (that had already been done and half the stuff came apart again and seats/windows wouldn't work. Just buy the correct wires and connectors and resolder. Put the rubber boots over the wires for reinstallation from doors to cowl. If you need help, let me know. I figured out where to get the connectors, and how to take them apart. Some of them you might reuse. It's worth it, but like anything worthwhile, you have to put some effort into it. I've also taken apart one of the rear quarter panels that is upholstered, and I can almost re-do that stuff myself except for the stitching part -- don't have the right machine for that. All the metal on the seats and door panels were rust and will now be repaired. I think you can get the correct foam cushions for the seats from a Chevelle/GM parts supplier. All GM cars used the same seats. More info if you need it.

Tim

Trailrunner

Postby Trailrunner » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:09 pm

Where did you purchase wiring? What would you want for the parts? If you don't want to ship I would be willing to drive up to get it.

Thanks
Ross

Trailrunner

Postby Trailrunner » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:00 pm

BTW - I have power seats too that do not work so I'd love to pick your brain about restoring that also.

Ross

Checkov
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Postby Checkov » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:00 am

I have a pair of 67 door panels as well.
Alex

Return to “Wanted: Parts and Misc”