BLACK FLOOR MATS FOR 1966

Post your wants and desires for any Toronado.
brian66toro
TOA Membership Number: 0

BLACK FLOOR MATS FOR 1966

Postby brian66toro » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:32 pm

I have the driver's side pan with a repro mat.

I am looking for the front passenger side mat and a rear mat, preferably in black. Must be excellent, no rips or high heel damage please.
Best way to reach me is by email, rachlin@comcast.net
Thanks,

Brian Rachlin

Otto Skorzeny
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Re: BLACK FLOOR MATS FOR 1966

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:28 am

Where did you get the driver side mat? Did you have it made?

Please post a photo of it as this is the first time I've heard of a reproduction mat.

As for the others, do you have old original ones? I wasn't aware that factory mats were offered.

Otto Skorzeny

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Wow, they look pretty good. Did you get a quote on the Toro?

brian66toro

Postby brian66toro » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:34 pm

Otto,

When I bought the car there was a lot of stuff in the trunk. There was a driver's side rubber mat but no metal pan. I got the metal pan on ebay and installed the mat on it and put it in the car. If they never did repro's then it must be NOS. All of the nubs lined up perfectly with the holes in the pan. I also have a passenger side out of a parts car that may clean up.

The rear mats I have are Olds but not the same pattern as the front one. It's really quite a bizarre setup on the front mats on these cars. From a design and marketing standpoint if they were trying to showcase the wide flat floor they should have done a one piece mat like the Cadillac's had. Why break up the visual line with two completely different mats and that crazy metal pan?

Just my opinion.

I'd really like to have a super nice passenger side front and proper mats for the back. Is the back one piece or 2?

Thanks,

Brian

Otto Skorzeny

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:37 pm

I think the floor mats were dealer options and not necessarily Toronado specific. I could be wrong.

I've seen one piece Olds mats in Toros but they didn't look like they were for Olds only.

I ordered a one piece after market mat for the Toro from a well known floor mat maker but the cutouts for the pedals, etc. were not lined up correctly.

Return to “Wanted: Toronado”