new forum title

Let us know what you would like to see in the forum. All suggestions and comments welcome.
ramair
TOA Membership Number: 691

new forum title

Postby ramair » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:11 pm

It would be great to have a place were people could go and tell us what luck they have had with parts. I propose a site were you can type in the year toro you are working on, the name of the part, the part number, the price you paid, if there were any issues, the company name, phone number, EMAIL address and business address. example
68 toro, date coded spark plug wires, 1Q68, $78.00 great fit and look good,Fusick automotive,860-623-1583,web address www.fusick.com, PO BOX 655 22 Thompson road,East Windsor, Connecticut 06088
I would propose 4 catagories for each generation toro's

thank you, Michael TOA 691#

janeg
TOA Membership Number: 42
Years Owned: 1966 Deluxe and 1992 Trofeo

Re: new forum title

Postby janeg » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:21 am

That's a great idea. Call it Recommended Parts - 1966-70 etc
Jane G
TOA #042
Membership Director

ramair

Postby ramair » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:20 pm

We have alot of things going against us . Some of us are trying to keep 40 plus year old cars on the road as a hobby others are trying to keep their cars on the road as every day drivers. I remember almost 25 years ago finding it impossible to buy front brake rotors for my 68 Toro. I am afraid that the first generation Toro parts supply will dry up because of it's lack of interchange with other model cars. I have been lucky to have found parts I need by talking with other Toro owners and they have pretty good memories. However new owners may get discouraged early on by the chain store parts counter. You know the guy behind the counter who asks you to spell Toronado as he types it into a computor that says the car does not exist. If we can all put our heads together and put down a shopping list of parts and companies and we support those companies, maybe we will not have to resort to filling are back yard with parts cars (might even stay married longer that way). Michael TOA 691#

tadmin
Site Admin

Postby tadmin » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:40 am

I agree that it's a good idea. What 4 categories for each generation would you want? You said 4 so you must have some in mind... :)

Mike

ramair

Postby ramair » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:13 am

Mike, I was thinking of catagories that would allow for a fast look up for a Toro owner. If anyone has used the archive on the TLIST knows that sometimes you can not find a keyword that will bring up what you are looking for. So I propose catagory 1" Power train" which would be limited to anything that you can see under the hood, all underhood electrical, fuel, coolant and A/C. Catagory 2 "Suspension , Brakes & Steering" This would include shocks, ball joints, idler arms, steering gear, brake shoes, drums, master cylinder ect. Catagory 3 "Body & Trim" This would include sheetmetal, chrome, glass, hardware, paint, rubber and lens's. Catagory 4 "Interior & Trim" This would include instruments, radio, window roll up hardware, latches, seat tracks, fabric and vinyl yardage ,interior paint and dye, armrest , interior electrical switches, bulbs and lens's. There could be more catagories or less, this is just a idea that I had so that we would not lose all this work that are members do to find parts.
Michael TOA 691#

tadmin
Site Admin

Postby tadmin » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:25 am

ramair wrote:Mike, I was thinking of catagories that would allow for a fast look up for a Toro owner. If anyone has used the archive on the TLIST knows that sometimes you can not find a keyword that will bring up what you are looking for. So I propose catagory 1" Power train" which would be limited to anything that you can see under the hood, all underhood electrical, fuel, coolant and A/C. Catagory 2 "Suspension , Brakes & Steering" This would include shocks, ball joints, idler arms, steering gear, brake shoes, drums, master cylinder ect. Catagory 3 "Body & Trim" This would include sheetmetal, chrome, glass, hardware, paint, rubber and lens's. Catagory 4 "Interior & Trim" This would include instruments, radio, window roll up hardware, latches, seat tracks, fabric and vinyl yardage ,interior paint and dye, armrest , interior electrical switches, bulbs and lens's. There could be more catagories or less, this is just a idea that I had so that we would not lose all this work that are members do to find parts.
Michael TOA 691#

Sounds good to me. I'll put it up for review of the board and we'll get it done! Thanks for the suggestion. It is appreciated!

Camron70
TOA Membership Number: 5
Years Owned: 2014

Postby Camron70 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:40 am

date coded spark plug wires, 1Q68, $78.00 great fit and look good,Fusick automotive,860-623-1583,web address www.fusick.com, PO BOX 655 22 Thompson road,East Windsor, Connecticut 06088 :lol: :lol:
Download our latest cisco training - braindumps.com and Northwestern University or pass real exam of Youtube.

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Comments”