Hi All

Introduce yourself and your car(s) here!
dan68toro
TOA Membership Number: 560

Hi All

Postby dan68toro » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:41 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Dan, I'm 30yrs old and have been in love with toros since I was about 7yrs old. My uncle had 2 toros when I was a kid. The brown 70 Toronado he had was an everyday driver that I loved going for rides in. The other was a gray 67 (that was rarely driven) that was tucked away in a rented garage across town. I had only seen it a few times as a kid...It was magnficent! As years went on the brown 70 was sold and I never saw that 67 again.

I got a various jobs when I turned 14yrs old and saved all my money for my first car. My uncle told me he would help me find a dependable car when I got my license. Then on the day I got my drivers license, my uncle called me to come over, he said he found the right car for me. I went inside and there was a bill of sale on the table...he told me to look over the agreement..As I was reading my jaw hit the floor....It was for a 67 Toronado .....his Toronado...for the price of $100.00. I cried my eyes out, then went out to the barn and opened the doors athnd their she was. I could'nt believe it!

I owned that great car for two years until I got hit by a drunk driver. A pickup truck ran a stop sign and t boned me.....That Toro saved my life. I was devasted that my precious car was totalled out by the insurance company. I vowed one day to get another.

After my 28th birthday the hunt was on for a Toronado.....I found this beautiful cinnamon bronze 68 in AZ
Attachments
toronado.jpg
toronado.jpg (64.35 KiB) Viewed 7422 times

toro_mike
TOA Membership Number: 4
Years Owned: 1968 and 1969 W34

Re: Hi All

Postby toro_mike » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:24 am

Beautiful car and great story! We all seem to have a story about one of these cars saving us. It's a shame really! Welcome aboard!

Mike
Mike
TOA #004, Webmaster
Forum Administrator
1968 Toronado
1969 W34 Toronado

Return to “Introductions”