Hello from Germany...!

Introduce yourself and your car(s) here!
aschroer
TOA Membership Number: 852
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado Deluxe

Hello from Germany...!

Postby aschroer » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:50 am

Hey there, my name is Alex and I am owning a '66 Toronado Deluxe since 2010.
Actually it is my first US-Car from that era, and I had to learn a lot about it since I own it.

Without any question: the design is impeccable and best ever made. Period. No other car comes even close to the appearance of the Toro, be it sizewise or in any other aspect.

To be honest: it took me quite a while to develop a clear interest for this rather special, and very rare car, as I was originally looking for a Pickup of the '50s. Finally it caught me and never left me, though not the easiest car to own especially when you´re a beginner with US classic cars.

I never imagined what patience it asked from me when it came to spare parts! But I wised up and now purchase every single part I can get hold of, especially when they are in proper condition. Slowly I have a good stock of parts, and also enjoy everytime I get in touch with interesting US workshops.

The experience of driving it is a real joy...and the looks it gets are hard to describe. Most people have never seen one and firstly take a deep look at the rear panel tag plate. Doesn´t make them wiser though, but listening to the engine accelerating sure does!
I noticed that many cars are stopping especially right or left behind me just because their drivers want to hear the engine growling.

For me it is the one-and-only, and I will probably not drive another US classic than this one. Except another first generation Toronado 8-)

IMG_8119R2.jpg
IMG_8119R2.jpg (41.43 KiB) Viewed 6359 times
Alex TOA #852

toro_mike
TOA Membership Number: 4
Years Owned: 1968 and 1969 W34

Re: Hello from Germany...!

Postby toro_mike » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:08 am

Welcome to the family! Your '66 is beautiful! Excellent job...
Mike
TOA #004, Webmaster
Forum Administrator
1968 Toronado
1969 W34 Toronado

Return to “Introductions”