INTRODUCING DOCTORO

Introduce yourself and your car(s) here!
doctoro
TOA Membership Number: 34

INTRODUCING DOCTORO

Postby doctoro » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:03 am

Hi, my name is John Dorcey, I go by the psuedonym doctoro. Of course there is a story behind this. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada. I have been collecting Toronados for over twenty seven years, I still have the first nice 1966 Toronado that I bought. It is white with a green interior, I found the car in Milwaukee, my hometown, and brought it with me to Las Vegas seventeen years ago. It is originally from Phoenix, Arizona, it spent most of it's life there until it came to Wisconsin.
Since moving to Las Vegas I have started picking up as many first generation Toronados as I can, I now have over thirty five cars, probably closer to forty, I haven't counted as of late.
Currently I am finishing a restoration on a 68 Toronado, I bought this as a parts car, but it was so nice I couldn't see parting it out.
I just bought another 68, I brought it home from Pasadena, California 8/10/09. It is a bucket seat car with a console and an automatic shifter on the floor. I think it is unique. It is a black plate car with 98,000 miles on it. Gold with a gold interior and a white vinyl top. It runs nicely, though I haven't had a chance to drive it around the block yet, I am looking forward to it though. The paint and interior look to be original and I am looking forward to restoring it.
I started having wheels chromed for the drum brake Toronados a few years ago, I also am trying to have taillight lenses made for the 68, since they seem to be so rare.

lorne6667
TOA Membership Number: 622
Years Owned: 1966 toronado standard
1967 toronado deluxe

Re: INTRODUCING DOCTORO

Postby lorne6667 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:37 am

hey john,
lorne here in connecticut, wondering how to attach photos.
i plan to do an introduction page after work tonight.
glad to be here finally,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lorne : :P

toro_mike
TOA Membership Number: 4
Years Owned: 1968 and 1969 W34

Postby toro_mike » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:25 am

lorne6667 wrote:hey john,
lorne here in connecticut, wondering how to attach photos.
i plan to do an introduction page after work tonight.
glad to be here finally,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lorne : :P

Take a look at this thread http://toronado.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=84. It should help with posting pictures.
Mike
TOA #004, Webmaster
Forum Administrator
1968 Toronado
1969 W34 Toronado

gearhead840
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado

Postby gearhead840 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:06 am

hello, I just scrapped out a 68 toro and i have both tail light assemblies. I will verify their condition saturday. email me if you are interested.

Return to “Introductions”