Hello- It's time to work on the Motorhome

Introduce yourself and your car(s) here!
hertfordnc
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1972

Hello- It's time to work on the Motorhome

Postby hertfordnc » Tue May 07, 2019 7:09 am

I have a 1972 Revcon motorhome with a Toronado drive train.

I've had it for a few years but now i have some time to move forward and I'm gonna need some help.

Photos are here http://www.davesilva.com/revcon

The drive train is all original Toro. Revcon bought Tornado front clips from GM and changed NOTHING except the steering and suspension.

I plan to drive it across country for my 60th birthday (2020) Looking forward to a lot of interaction with this forum.

Dave

Otto Skorzeny
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Re: Hello- It's time to work on the Motorhome

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Tue May 07, 2019 4:01 pm

Yes, I've seen those. Interestingly they had the idea before GM. GM started building their own version and Revcon went out of business shortly afterward.

You can get a lot of good advice and help from Jim at Applied GMC www.appliedgmc.com

hertfordnc
Years Owned: 1972

Postby hertfordnc » Tue May 07, 2019 4:51 pm

I've had this for nine years, in that time i acquired and parted out a GMC. I sold some stuff to Jim and made a lot of friends on the GMC forum.
But the GMC is 2-4000 lb heavier and requires a lot of re-engineering for optimal performance.

For now i want to approach this like a stock muscle car restoration, starting with the drive train.

A stock TOro pulling a 4000 lb trailer is considerably heavier than an empty Revcon. I think i am at 7800 lb right now.

I want to get everything working exactly like it was when Nixon was president before i make any changes.

Sonny Kennedy

Postby Sonny Kennedy » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:28 am

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

Return to “Introductions”