G'day from Brisbane australia

Introduce yourself and your car(s) here!
Ozbogan
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1968 toronado

G'day from Brisbane australia

Postby Ozbogan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:23 am

G'day folks. My name is ben. I sold my 54 desoto coupe and am looking for a new toy. I love the toro and think I found one I'm interested in. 42000 on the clock and clean as a whistle with a few little excretions, however it may have had a re spray since it is a nice blue with black top but the data plate says color should be N2?

It looks good though and I believe the blue is a toro color anyway?

Anyway will keep you posted

Regards

BEN
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 6840 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.15 MiB) Viewed 6840 times

Otto Skorzeny
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Re: G'day from Brisbane australia

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:24 am

Hi Ben, I assume the car is still in Utah?

Find someone to inspect the car for you or fly here and look at it yourself. It does look like it's been repainted and doesn't appear to be a very good job - at least from the photos you posted.

On the leading edge of the hood in the center, it looks like it was painted right over rust. On the rear valance, above the taillights, there is a crack or something at the corner of the trunk opening. It looks like paint was applied right over the problem without a proper repair or that a poorly done Bondo job beneath the paint is cracking.

Notice the stainless steel trim around the rear window. It's popping up on the top driver's side.

I'd also consider the 42,000 miles on the odometer to be at least 142,000 miles unless the seller has documentation that proves it to be only 42,000 miles. Either way, govern yourself accordingly.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Return to “Introductions”