Old owner, new to forum

Introduce yourself and your car(s) here!
toro695
TOA Membership Number: 27
Years Owned: 1966 Standard, #00695, very early production. Frost Green/Drk Green

Old owner, new to forum

Postby toro695 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:33 am

I have owned my 1966 Toronado since 1982. The car was purchased on October 15, 1965, the first one sold in Lima, Ohio at Conner Olds. It is production # 695 and was built in September 1965. It has Frost Green paint, with dark green interior. There was media attention and I have that documentation with my car as it was featured in the local newspaper as an advertisement for the "all new" Toronado. The car was owned by a neighbor and friend of our family. I washed cars around the neighborhood as an income for a 15 yr old kid. He was a client. He allowed me to drive it after I got my license and I continued to keep it clean for him until I joined the Air Force. When he passed away in 1972, the car was put away. His widow, still a friend of my parents in 1982 came to Knoxville for the World's Fair. Seeing another of my antique cars she said she still had the Toro in storage. She thought it fitting that I own the car since I took good care of it in the early days. She gave it to me! I continue to enjoy driving it and keeping it in as delivered condition. I have performed only maintenance except for 1 repaint in the early 90's. The car is known to some as we have attended many OCA conventions over the years. This coming January, our car will be featured on the Spike TV series mentioned in the Nov/Dec issue of FWD. I would like to post some pictures and when I figure out how I will.

toro_mike
TOA Membership Number: 4
Years Owned: 1968 and 1969 W34

Re: Old owner, new to forum

Postby toro_mike » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:58 am

Welcome aboard! I really can't wait to see the piece on Spike... I've watched their Powerblock shows off and on for years now and never once saw anything Toro related (rarely anything Olds 442/Cutlass related too!).

Take a look at this link for information I wrote up on how to post pictures.
http://toronado.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=84

Hopefully that helps!
Mike
TOA #004, Webmaster
Forum Administrator
1968 Toronado
1969 W34 Toronado

toro_mike
TOA Membership Number: 4
Years Owned: 1968 and 1969 W34

Re: Old owner, new to forum

Postby toro_mike » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:39 am

We now know the date the program will be broadcasted. Below is my release for the Toronado.org website:

As we noted in Driver 4-6, a 1966 Toronado will be featured by Spike TV's Muscle Car program. The air date has now been confirmed as the weekend of January 9 & 10, 2010. Muscle Car is part of Spike's Powerblock and is the last of their 4 30 minute programs (Xtreme 4x4, HorsePower TV, Trucks!, and MuscleCar). The Powerblock airs on Saturday and Sunday at 11AM E/P on Spike. Check your local listings!

This is GREAT news!
Mike
TOA #004, Webmaster
Forum Administrator
1968 Toronado
1969 W34 Toronado

Return to “Introductions”