New Member in Iowa

Introduce yourself and your car(s) here!
Godlover
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1976 Toronado

New Member in Iowa

Postby Godlover » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Just bought a 76 Toronado in decent shape today. It will be delivered in the next week or so due to the muddy conditions near the garage where it is stored. Looking forward to getting this beast on the road!

DrK
TOA Membership Number: 321

Re: New Member in Iowa

Postby DrK » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:28 am

Congratulations on joining what is sometimes called the "gentleman's luxury muscle car" fraternity -- and sorority, for that matter -- for all the ladies who love boiling the tires on these behemoths, too! :lol:

I very nearly bought a '76 in my youth, but alas, the payments were a bit too steep for a young dad in his first real job.

But since then I've made up for lost time, as you'll see in my signature below.

I've always loved the Gen 2 cars, but oddly it's the only generation for which I've never owned one.

Post some pics and let us know how it goes for you! Never be discouraged; most of the fun of the hobby is methodically making things right and restoring that rolling sculpture of yours.

Enjoy!
Greg "Dr K" Kennedy
1970 GT | 1981 | 1987 | 1992 Trofeo | 1997 Aurora

Godlover
Years Owned: 1976 Toronado

Postby Godlover » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:32 pm

DrK wrote:Congratulations on joining what is sometimes called the "gentleman's luxury muscle car" fraternity -- and sorority, for that matter -- for all the ladies who love boiling the tires on these behemoths, too! :lol:

I very nearly bought a '76 in my youth, but alas, the payments were a bit too steep for a young dad in his first real job.

But since then I've made up for lost time, as you'll see in my signature below.

I've always loved the Gen 2 cars, but oddly it's the only generation for which I've never owned one.

Post some pics and let us know how it goes for you! Never be discouraged; most of the fun of the hobby is methodically making things right and restoring that rolling sculpture of yours.

Enjoy!

Thanks Greg,

It has been hard finding much info and parts for my 76. It looks to be in pretty good shape except for a quarter size hole in the left rear fender extension. I don't have it in possession yet but should get it in the next week or so. I did have a Trofeo a few years ago and loved it. The 76 is a beast in comparison.

Thanks again!
Mark

DrK
TOA Membership Number: 321

Postby DrK » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:34 pm

I believe there are folks who make fender extensions; no worries!
Do post some pix when you get some....
Greg "Dr K" Kennedy
1970 GT | 1981 | 1987 | 1992 Trofeo | 1997 Aurora

Otto Skorzeny
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:10 pm

Hi GL,

You're in luck, as part of my enthusiasm for antique Cadillacs, I compiled a list of over 200 vendors that supply parts and services for restorers of vintage Cadillacs.

Fortunately there is a lot of crossover between GM makes and this company makes quality fender extensions for most all of those crappy GM fenders of the 70s.

E&K Bumper Fillers Plastic bumper fillers for 1971 –1992 GM cars
800-354-1025
http://www.sandkindustries.com/

Return to “Introductions”