Wiper Blade Refills

General discussion forum. Moderated. Keep it clean and nice folks.
hullinger
TOA Membership Number: 998
Years Owned: 1966

Wiper Blade Refills

Postby hullinger » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:44 am

So I need wiper blades for my '66. I go to Pep Boys and all they have are the blades already attached to the arms. Looks like they are no longer selling just the refills, plus there is no way I'm replacing the metal wiper arm with a black plastic piece. So what is everyone doing about wiper blade refills?

Chris

NRGF
TOA Membership Number: 40
Years Owned: 1969

Re: Wiper Blade Refills

Postby NRGF » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:50 pm

Buy the correct length blades, gently remove the blades from the black metal arm, remove the blades from your Toronado with a flat screwdriver slide the new blades in
The blades have a locking clip on one end. It’s a five minute job.
Neil

Fabio Herrero
TOA Membership Number: 0

Postby Fabio Herrero » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:26 pm

NRGF wrote:Buy the correct length blades, gently remove the blades from the black metal arm, remove the blades from your Toronado with a flat screwdriver slide the new blades in
The blades have a locking clip on one end. It’s a five minute job.
Neil

Correct.

Otherwise you can buy Classic Trico wiper blade 18 "on Ebay.

Schurkey
TOA Membership Number: 67

Postby Schurkey » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:08 am

Wiper refills need to be the correct WIDTH as well as the correct length.

There's more differences in wiper refills than is obvious by the packaging label.

Far as I can tell, all current wiper blades and refills are made in China from inferior material. If you get one year's use from them, you're doing well. Sometimes 6 months. They are grossly over-priced and under-spec'd--typical mass-market Chinese crap (with typical profit margins associated with typical Communist Collaborators in this country.)

1977 Cutly
TOA Membership Number: 1059
Years Owned: 1966 Toronados
1977 Cutlass Supreme
"Aftermarket parts are simply the beginning of a very expensive search for the next weakest link in your drivetrain. You heard that here first." -MKing

Postby 1977 Cutly » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:11 am

Fabio Herrero wrote:Otherwise you can buy Classic Trico wiper blade 18 "on Ebay.

Thanks for the tip. I just bought a pair. I'll post a show n tell later.
1966 Toronado, 1992 5.0 Mustang notchback w/T-56 6spd, TOA #1059
"Aftermarket parts are simply the beginning of a very expensive search for the next weakest link in your drivetrain. You heard that here first." -MKing

1977 Cutly
TOA Membership Number: 1059
Years Owned: 1966 Toronados
1977 Cutlass Supreme

Postby 1977 Cutly » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:22 pm

I'm underwhelmed. My old ones look better than the new ones they sent. Maybe they will polish up nicely. At least they are silver toned and wont look out of place.
1966 Toronado, 1992 5.0 Mustang notchback w/T-56 6spd, TOA #1059

Return to “General Talk”