My first "WTF did they do that" moment....

General discussion forum. Moderated. Keep it clean and nice folks.
Twilight Fenrir
TOA Membership Number: 839
Years Owned: 1982 Chevrolet El Camino
1986 Pontiac Fiero
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado

My first "WTF did they do that" moment....

Postby Twilight Fenrir » Sun May 29, 2011 7:20 pm

Well, today I had my first why the heck did they do that, that wasn't related to 4 wheel drums on my '66...

I've locked my doors several times, and each time I came back, the door was unlocked! I thought I just forgot to lock them the first 2 times... but the 3rd time I knew for sure I had done so... So I experiment, push down the button, close the door... and it unlocks itself.... genius. And, the Ignition key is the door key too.

Alright, I get it. With this arangment, it is absolutely impossible to lock yourself out of your car. ANd I have to give them credit for that. But it is such a massive PITA to have to close the door, then take your key to it.

Petty, yes. And, I''m certain it would just require removing one piece of linkage to remedy this. But I just found it frustrating :P
TOA #839

Hasty
TOA Membership Number: 765
Years Owned: 1970 Toronado GT

Re: My first "WTF did they do that" moment....

Postby Hasty » Sun May 29, 2011 11:15 pm

If you hold the exterior pushbutton with your thumb while you close the door, it stays locked. You can actually lock your keys in, but you have to try a little harder.
St. Cloud, MN
1970 Toronado GT
TOA #765

Twilight Fenrir
TOA Membership Number: 839
Years Owned: 1982 Chevrolet El Camino
1986 Pontiac Fiero
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado

Re: My first "WTF did they do that" moment....

Postby Twilight Fenrir » Mon May 30, 2011 7:32 am

Hasty wrote:If you hold the exterior pushbutton with your thumb while you close the door, it stays locked. You can actually lock your keys in, but you have to try a little harder.

OoooOooOoOoohhh :D Neat! Thanks :D
TOA #839

Return to “General Talk”