URGENT WARNING FROM BILL'S AUTO WORKS

General discussion forum. Moderated. Keep it clean and nice folks.
Bills Auto Works
TOA Membership Number: 1476
Years Owned: 1967

URGENT WARNING FROM BILL'S AUTO WORKS

Postby Bills Auto Works » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:59 am

Hello Everyone,

This is URGENT...My email that I have had for my business for 30+ years (billsautoworks1@aol.com) has been HACKED & is being used to screw fellow car guys. I had a call from a gentleman just a few minutes ago asking me if I employed a Paul Mitchell with the phone number (770)731-8978 who was using my email address on USHIP. This gentleman booked a transport with him & is now out his money!

If you call that (770) number it routes you to a FAKE AOL recovery & restore number (which is how I originally scammed hacked)

PLEASE folks....I would NEVER have an accOunt on USHIP, so that is NOT me & also PLEASE do NOT accept or respond to my billsautoworks1@aol.com email address for a week or so. I cannot view it or respond to it. AOL Fraud Dept is supposedly working on it

I have some suspicions as to who is behind it, but no proof.

I HAVE MADE MY REPUTATION WITH HONESTY & INTEGRITY & THIS BREAKS MY HEART THAT SOMEONE IS SOILING MY NAME. I AM TRULY SORRY TO ANYONE WHO GETS INCLUDED IN THE SCAM!

EVERYONE is welcome to call if they have any questions! (216)832-8697

God Bless
Bill Squires(owner)
Bill's Auto Works
Your Quality Transporter of Classic Oldsmobiles Since 1983

Bills Auto Works
TOA Membership Number: 1476
Years Owned: 1967

Re: URGENT WARNING FROM BILL'S AUTO WORKS

Postby Bills Auto Works » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:10 am

Hello Everyone,

I am happy to report that my email is back in my control & the criminal who stole it has been stopped from causing anyone else to lose money!

I spent probably a total of 6 hours on the phone between AOL, Verizon & Uship working to get this cleared up. Not sure it will happen, but I wish one of these companies would continue this investigation & prosecute this scumbag when found!!!!

God Bless
Bill Squires(owner)
Bill's Auto Works
https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/thr ... ed.614419/
Your Quality Transporter of Classic Oldsmobiles Since 1983

Return to “General Talk”