Interior carpet for Toronado -66

General discussion forum. Moderated. Keep it clean and nice folks.
Grydo
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1967

Interior carpet for Toronado -66

Postby Grydo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:58 am

Trying to order a new interior carpet for my -66 from Stockinteriors. No idea if its a Nylon Loop or a 80-20 Loop I need.
And also unsure about the correct colour. Got a black car with red nylon interior Trim 058-D.
Can anyone help?

Otto Skorzeny
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Re: Interior carpet for Toronado -66

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:52 pm

They'll send you free samples won't they? Get one of each and see what you like best.

Compare with SMS for color and quality, too. https://www.smsautofabrics.com/products/carpet.php

Doc Hubler
TOA Membership Number: 992
Years Owned: 1967

Postby Doc Hubler » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:44 pm

I ordered my stuff from SMS. They have all the original materials. You can get the correct materials from them. THe carpet isn't too horribly expensive. Nor is vinyl if you're looking at the rest. My car had the vinyl cloth seats. The cloth insert material was very expensive. But they do have and know the correct materials to use. On the downside, you have to be patient with them as they can be difficult to call on the phone at times. Give it a try though or email them with a careful description. Of course, the other place you're looking could be helpful also.

GrantRees
Years Owned: 1969 Toronado

Postby GrantRees » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:02 pm

I ordered carpet for my '69 from RockAuto. I want to say it was about 230. Good quality with heavy rubber backing and came with padding for under. the carpet was accurately molded to fit the floor contours. I'm more than happy with it. It has a rectangular vinyl area in the driver's foot well which is a far cry from the original set up, but it so much better now than the disintegrating carpet it had when I bought it. The only downside was that pulling up the carpet revealed the rotten spots in the floor. I took a good part of the winter to form and weld in patches. But that's half the fun. Hopefully one day soon I'll experience the other half of the fun- driving the Car!

Cheers!

Grant

Hwy78Cruiser
TOA Membership Number: 1373
Years Owned: 1966

Postby Hwy78Cruiser » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:24 pm

It appears SMS is no longer carrying carpet. Anyone have any recommendations good bad or otherwise? It's hard to tell just looking online and even swatches are hard to gauge for quality.

Return to “General Talk”