It's alive.

General discussion forum. Moderated. Keep it clean and nice folks.
jer8716
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1970 w34

It's alive.

Postby jer8716 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:04 pm

Hey all I'm new here I bought a 1970 toronado about a year ago I didn't know much about the am at the time but now I wouldn't consider my self an expert by any means but I know enough to answer any questions I am asked about it. As far as I know I am the only one in northwest kansas that has any kind of toronado let alone a first year. Any way on this my cars story. I was looking through a local classifed website when I can across a car that was not far from where I grew up. I loaded up my kids and headed out what I found was an 1970 olds toronado gt. At that time the only thing I knew about it was that the gt is rare and hard to find. The story I got on it was a farmer had bought it new he used it to check his wheat fields. He then told me that 10 or 12 people came and looked at it they all deemed it to far gone. I fell in love with the long lean looks. I bought it on the spot came home and started reassuring the toronado and I was amazed about the car I found then more I dug the more I learned. So now to the car it's self well it's never been wrecked it's all original right down to the rust. I got it home looked at the license plate last registered in 1994. I looked her over and deemed it safe to try and start her. After 10 minutes that big old 455 came slowly to life and rumbled. I was elated. But it was short lived I herd a squeal I didn't like so I tore her down and found a bad lifter so I replaced the cam and lifters. Purchase her back together preprinted the oiling system. Gave the key a turn and to life she roared. No unwanted noise just the sound of a big block olds rumbling up and down the street.

Otto Skorzeny
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Re: It's alive.

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:10 pm

Cool. Post some pictures!

Return to “General Talk”