66 Data tag ID help

General discussion forum. Moderated. Keep it clean and nice folks.
Eric Voigt
TOA Membership Number: 0
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado Deluxe. SoCal since new, original paint and interior. Owned 5 years, bought from second owner who bought it in 1980 till he passed in May of 2013.

66 Data tag ID help

Postby Eric Voigt » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:29 pm

I'm at a loss on this one and seeking some understanding my trim tag:

03A -First week of March L - No clue
66-39687 - 66 Deluxe Toro EUC - Euclid Ohio 23845 - Body number
054-D - Fawn Vinyl Strato Bench Seat SS Paint - Trumpet Gold? (This is the original paint)
EXYM 2KR 3P (I'm at a loss on these)
4F 5Y

Any and help is appreciated - below is how the car is configured now:
Power windows and door locks; tilt/tele; 6 way power seat; am/fm radio with reverb and power antenna; a/c and chrome wheels ( I think these were changed by the second owner 35+ years ago.

The car has original paint, chrome interior and correct replacement exhaust tips. Sold new in Corona California - still obtaining more of the documentation.

Thanks again.
Attachments
66 Toronado.jpeg
66 Toronado.jpeg (871.29 KiB) Viewed 9972 times

Doc Hubler
TOA Membership Number: 992
Years Owned: 1967

Re: 66 Data tag ID help

Postby Doc Hubler » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:16 am

I'll have to go back and look at some of my codes, but EXYM does include the tinted windows. I think 5Y is the Deluxe seat Belts. THose codes are essentially any option that was added to the body at the Euclid, OH plant. Would not include any drive optional equipment that doesn't require some hole punched out in the car or dash somwhere. List some of the optional equipment your car has. It probably has a rear seat speaker, and possible a rear window defroster. It likely has the vacuum trunk switch and electric windows and seats. Another option code is for a remote control rear view window on the driver's side (think this car has that). Also, cruise control. THe cornering lamps and tilt/telescope wheel were usually sold as an accessory group together, so it probably has that type of steering column (obviously has cornering lamps), although I don't think those appear on the trim tag as that was installed after Euclid, OH at the Lansing plant. Anyway, there are the 5 accessory groupings that can appear on any trim tag. THe number 1 is never used with the first group EXYM, but the other groupings do have this notation 2KR, 3P, 4F, and 5Y. Your car is a fairly high option car as usually you only may see numbers up through 3 on the trim tag.

Eric Voigt
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado Deluxe. SoCal since new, original paint and interior. Owned 5 years, bought from second owner who bought it in 1980 till he passed in May of 2013.

Postby Eric Voigt » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:58 pm

This is how the car is configured:
Power: Seats, windows, door locks and antenna
Radio: AM/FM with reverb (yes rear seat speaker)
Air Conditioning
Cornering Lamps
Does not have rear window defroster

I just installed the redline radials and replaced the wheel cylinders as they were leaking. I did find all the registration back to the original owner and she bought it April 26th of 1966 and lived in Hemet Ca. I still still searching for the original owners manual along with the protecto plate. Not sure how much I am going to have but finding the registration just confirmed much to me. My neighbor (whom I bought it from) bought it from her in 1985 for $1000 but the BOS didn't indicate the mileage.

It still retains all the original paint and seats (although cushions are SHOT and need to be replaced)as well as all the original T3 headlamps.

Otto Skorzeny
Years Owned: 1966 Toronado

Postby Otto Skorzeny » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:19 pm

If you drive the car at night, get rid of those T3 headlights and just install them for judged shows.

My car had its original T3s when I bought it and I drove 100 miles home at night from Chattanooga with the high beams on. They still weren't bright enough to bother other srivers.

Install some Sylvania halogens. They're great.

Return to “General Talk”